Ghater kotha is the debut solo album of Arko released in 2013.
Ghater Kotha is a humble effort to explore a few folk songs of Bengal through a contemporary as well as traditional mix of instruments as well as folk forms from around the world. It also brings out the influences of different cultures on the present day soundscape of our daily lives in Calcutta and attempts to depict the surreal lunacy of the great river Ganges flowing through it, telling stories of the city’s people.
02Amay Dubaili Re
05Hori Dukho Dao Je Jonare
06City of Lunatics (recitation) – Porer Zagah Porer Zomeen
- Satyaki Banerjee - Dotara, Oud and Rabab
- Diptanshu Roy - Mandolin
- Anna Tanvir - Harp (Krishnokoli)
- Ritoban Das - Dubki
- Samrat Mukherjee – Accordion (Keyboard)
- Rajkumar Sengupta - Programming and Guitars
- Neel Dutt – Nylon string guitar (City of Lunatics)
Recorded by Ronny Sinha at DB Junction, Kolkata
Mixed and mastered by Nitin Joshi (Pune)
Album artwork : Shamik Chatterjee